//get_template_part( 'partials/single/layout', get_post_type() ); ?>
Yorkshire Air Ambulance are delighted to offer 10 limited edition YAA Team places in the 2021 Benidorm Bangers Rally. If you are new to the Benidorm Bangers concept think Top Gear Challenge, with a group of like-minded people!
All you need is a vehicle, some imagination and the materials to create a Banger Masterpeice! Once you have this you are set for a trip of a lifetime!
Entry to the Benidorm Bangers event is £250 per 2 crew vehicle and any additional crew members are £25 each.
Your entry fee includes:
– The cost of the outbound ferry crossing
– Rally support crew (minimum 3 support cars/vans with 4 mechanics)
– Rally Prize fund
– Benidorm Bangers t-shirt, wristband, keyring, medal and certificate
– End of rally party, prize giving with buffet and live band
Please note the £250 entry fee is non-refundable.
You can purchase your place in our online shop.
In addition to the entry fee additional costs per team will include the following:
– The cost of your chosen vehicle and the work done to it
– Fuel costs – approx £200 in a normal size car for the journey.
– The route is planned so that it can be done toll free, however if teams want to do the full route on the toll it would cost approximately an additional 130 euros
– Hotel Accommodation – Hotels previously on the route down to Benidorm have been around the £25 per person per night, Hotels in Benidorm start from £50.00per night per room
– Flight Home – In previous years flights home have been approx. £40.00 per person
To give you a better idea, prior to 2020 we would have estimated, per person the whole trip normally costs approx. £300.00 each for a team of 4. This cost could increase in 2021.
Please note that the route is subject to change and will be confirmed in full nearer to the event:
Day 1 – Tuesday 5th October 2021
Meet at Thurrock Services on the M25 enroute to Dover – Ferry to Calais – Overnight stop in Rouen
Day 2 – Wednesday 6th October 2021
Rouen to Clermont Ferrand
Day 3 – Thursday 7th October 2021
Clermont Ferrand to Andorra, via the Millau Bridge which will be a fantastic photo opportunity, followed by a stunning drive through Andorra
Day 4 – Friday 8th October 2021
Andorra to Valencia – this day the route is 324 miles
Day 5 – Saturday 9th October 2021
Valencia to Benidorm – this day the route is 124 miles – We will drive this day in convoy for an impressive arrival in Benidorm
Day 6 – Sunday 10th October 2021
After completing the challenge, Sunday is the time to get back behind the wheel for Benidorm Bangers Go Karting followed by our closing party and prize giving – Prizes inlcude best decorated/modified car and best costumes – There are also prizes for the most points won in the daily challenges and the best spirit of the event award
What you need to take part
A really good sense of humour!
For the Rally:
A vehicle – your choice of car, van or motorbike (which must have MOT, tax and insurance including driving abroad! What you spend is your decision, but we advise the cheaper and wackier the better!
We’d recommend you have an up to date European sat nav and a map!
A CB radio is advised but not essential
YAA is the charity partner of the Benidorm Bangers Rally and to date the events have raised over a staggering £70,000 for the charity. Money that has been vital to continue our life-saving work. As a YAA team rally member you are committing to raise funds from your challenge for the YAA and should set your fundraising target as a minimum of £1000 per team.
Please note: sponsorship money must be donated in full to the charity and not used towards the cost of the challenge. The trip must be self-funded.
– If teams have family members that decide to fly out to meet them in Benidorm they are very welcome to attend the end of rally party
– Each day challenges for the teams will be set and there is always a mid-day meeting point for teams to get together and have the opportunity to resolve any mechanical issues!
– Night 4 of the rally in Valencia is always fancy dress party night with a chosen theme! The theme for 2021 is Heroes -v- Villains
– Most teams scrap their car in Benidorm and fly home – The event has a registered scrap company that we advise you use – Previously the minimum a team has received in scrappage is 150 Euros but we have had teams receive over 1000 euros for the scrappage of diesel vehicles – Very kindly most teams donate the amount received for the vehicle to the charity
– Following registration of your team you will receive your welcome pack via email – This has all of the information you will need to take part
If you require any further information at this stage please visit www.benidormbangers.co.uk or the event facebook page ‘Benidorm Bangers‘ or contact Rob Scott on firstname.lastname@example.org