Yummy Fest, which takes place on the 15th & 16th of July, has seen over 20,000 visitors flock to site since its inaugural year in 2015 and 2017 promises to be even better. 2017 sees Yorkshire Air Ambulance return as the festivals named charity partner, with a helicopter landing scheduled for the Sunday the 16th of July 2017, subject to operational requirements.
Yummy Yorkshire will also welcome Wakefield Grammar School Foundation on site as the main sponsor.
Yummy Fest pays homage to the ice cream company’s farming heritage with a display of vintage tractors but that forms only a small part of this family friendly event. Visitors will be able to enjoy FREE entertainment across the course of the weekend, with plenty to keep the littlies and grown-ups busy, including:
· hands on craft and chocolate workshops,
· interactive dance sessions with StarMovers,
· pizza cooking demonstrations with DeliVita Ltd,
· Wakefield Grammar School Foundation, Yummy Fest’s main sponsor, will also be on site encouraging visitors to take part in a little healthy competition in the shape of a swing ball contest (or two),
· a dedicated kids zone with children’s fairground rides, a small steam train ride and of course the Yummy Yorkshire Ice Cream trailer,
· a variety of live music and entertainment from local bands and artists.
In keeping with Yummy Yorkshire’s culinary passion, there will be an abundance of street food producers on site selling their amazing produce along with a Stancill Brewery Bar in the main event tent. Add to this a Made and Found Market showcasing some of the best local artisan producers and Yummy Fest offers something for all the family to enjoy!
Visitors are also invited to carry on the fun as Ordinary Men ROCK the Saturday evening party at Yummy Fest 2017! Adult entrance tickets cost £7.50 and are available from The Parlour or online at www.yummyyorkshire.co.uk/shop.
Yummy Yorkshire’s owner Jeremy Holmes commented:
“We’re very excited about Yummy Fest 2017, last year’s event was really well received and we hope to build upon its success offering visitors a relaxed festival feel that has something to offer all the family”.
“We are delighted to be able to support Yorkshire Air Ambulance again this year, the work they do is invaluable, especially in the rural community in which we live”.
“We’re gearing up for a festival atmosphere with lots of family fun, think excellent acoustic music sets, craft and chocolate making workshops, cooking demonstrations and may be even some raw milk sampling, there really will be something for everyone to enjoy. Gate entry into the event is FREE, visitors will simply be asked to make a minimum donation of £2 for parking with proceeds being donated to Yorkshire Air Ambulance. Camping will be available onsite and we welcome Ordinary Men who promise to rock our Saturday evening party!”
“We really look forward to welcoming visitors on site for this family festival!”
Anybody interested in showing a vehicle should contact Yummy Yorkshire direct or visit our site to download a registration form; www.yummyyorkshire.co.uk/tractor-fest.
For further information please visit www.yummyyorkshire.co.uk/tractor-fest
- St Georges Court Charity Big Breakfast kitty closes at £8,748
- FLYING HIGH MEADOWHALL ANNOUNCES NEW CHARITY PARTNER FOR 2018/19
- Life-saving Cash Boost Handed to the Yorkshire Air Ambulance