Posted by Liv Johnson
Over the last 12 months we have been working with Harrogate based Artist, Anita Bowerman. Anita is a great supporter of the YAA and has produced two special pieces of artwork to commemorate our previous fleet of Helicopters, G-SASH and G-CEMS. These stunning pieces are available to buy from the YAA website: www.yaa.org.uk and are the perfect collectables!
Anita has more recently organised a 1980’s Disco which took place on Saturday 10th June at St Wilfrids Church in Harrogate. There was such a fantastic turn out for the eighties themed party with flares and neon filling the room and an amazing £2,244.60 raised for the YAA!
We’d like to thank everyone who donated and bought tickets for contributing to a fantastic evening and making it such a huge success!
A special thanks to Disc Jockey Chris Spittal of Yorkshire DJ Beats who volunteered to DJ for FREE! (firstname.lastname@example.org), Le Bon Vin for supplying the wines at a discount price and Rebecca Oliver of St Wilfrids Church Hall Hire.
We’d also like the thank the local companies for donating such amazing raffle prizes:
- Two Limited Edition Prints by Anita Bowerman for The Yorkshire Air Ambulance
- Hand printed velvet cushion of Anita Bowerman's cutout cycling design hand printed by Anita
- Lunch for two with wine at William and Victoria, Harrogate
- Afternoon Tea for two at The Cedar Court Hotel, Harrogate
- Gift Voucher from Best Kept Secret worth £25, Kirkby Overblow
- A trailer of logs donated by Sarah and Steve Parkin
- Toiletries by French Soap
- Flowers by Floral Design by Caroline, Floral designer based in Killinghall
- Five Pilates sessions by Sally Trask, Harrogate
- Two one day passes to the Academy, Harrogate
- Two separate sessions at Go Yoga
- Two separate sessions at Go Revolution
- Two Bottle of Bells Whisky donated by Elaine and Bryan Ellings
- Bottle of Veuve Clicquot Champagne donated by Mark and Paula Keith
- Spray Tan from www.getnailedsalon.co.uk
- Vintage Royal Doulton China plate in original wrapping, unused. Donated by Elaine and Bryan Ellings
- Meal for two at West Park Hotel, Harrogate
- Coffee and tea from Bean and Bud, Harrogate
- Neck Buff and Engraved Pen from Yorkshire Air Ambulance
- 1980s vinyl records including Queen, Frankie Goes to Hollywood, and Fame
- 'Cars we loved in the 1980s' Book
- Haircut and blow dry donated by Adele from And Hair, Harrogate
- Bespoke Upholsters, Harrogate donated a stool
- Four Take That tickets for Sunday 18th June at Etihad Stadium Manchester
- Signed Book of all Hignosis Album Covers by author/photographer Aubrey Powell who is responsible for creating most of Pink Floyd's iconic record covers such as The Prism and the pig flying over the Battersea Power Station. He also curated the current Pink Floyd Exhibition at the V&A museum. Kindly donated by Aubrey Powell
- Afternoon Tea for two at The Devonshire Arms.
- Round of Golf for four people at Oakdale Golf Club, Harrogate
- 24 Bottles of rare Tadcaster Bridge Ale. This was Specially Commissioned by John Smith Brewery to celebrate the reopening of the Tadcaster Bridge this year. Kindly donated by John Smith Brewery.